Thursday, January 24, 2013

No Kids Allowed

I've been a mom for 6 1/2 years. And in 6 1/2 years I have had exactly 3 nights not on kid duty. My husband and I have been on exactly 1 date in 6 1/2 years... or make that 4 if you want to count the trip to the hospital to have baby #2 and the funerals we've attended. I still count 1.

But tomorrow night the boys are going to my sister's house for the night. The WHOLE night.


And I have no idea what the man and I will do. Do we even remember how to be alone with each other? Will I awake in the middle of the night hearing phantom snoring and night talking from the next room? Will I hear the baby fall out of bed from across town? Will I even be able to fall asleep if they're not here?

I'm a little anxious. I want them to go. I NEED them to go. But I miss them already, and they don't even leave for another 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment