Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Splitsville

Tonight, our family splits up as the boys and I head to my mom's house and hubby heads to stay with a friend.

I haven't told the kids yet. Postponing the inevitable breakdown I guess.

N bawls every night at bedtime. He wants to return home and to school. O rolls with the punches, extended sleepovers are just super cool in his sweet little eyes.

Today they tell me there's a lien on the house and they are waiting for the sellers to pay it off. Of course, we know that if these people were willing to let a family live without heat and hot water for 2 months, they're not rushing off to pay this bill that they conveniently forgot to pay up until now.

The buyer tells us that he's sure it'll be taken care of within hours or at most, a day.... but this is the same person that's been telling us "today or tomorrow" for 15 days now.


Staying with my sister and her family has been lovely. Really, I thought it would be stressful and messy but we blended very well into a large family unit for 2 weeks. I've LOVED seeing my sister and nephew every day and I've even gotten over my fear of folding her boyfriend's underwear. I'll miss them.

Just want to go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment