Monday, November 25, 2013

My Workout Journal - Nov 18-24

After a few months off TRX after my health scare and pure laziness, I returned last Monday. Holy DOMS, people! I was SO sore the next day... I can lift weights and do cardio for hours and never feel the same as I do after a single TRX workout. I'd tell you what exercises the class consisted of but my eyes were rolling to the back of my head by the time we were finished.

Tuesday I hit up the Cardio Fit class. I used to hate group classes because I'm so awkward and uncoordinated but I've come to love them in the last 6 months. There's always someone in the class that's going a little bit harder than you are so I find it easier to push myself. Plus, the instructors are always so darn happy to be there, it's kinda infectious.

Wednesday was technically my off day but I did level 1 of the 30 Day Shred at home. While my husband watched. That won't be happening again.

Thursday was yoga, my favourite class of the week. 90 minutes of zen. I dig this class so much because there's usually only 4 of us in the room which gives the yogi plenty of time to come around and correct us. I do desperately need to remember to take a sweater on Thursdays, however, as the room we're in is quite chilly.

Friday I got sick. I wasn't feeling too bad early in the evening and we headed over to my sister's house for a movie night. As the evening wore on I got snottier and snottier (TMI?), coughing and generally feeling gross. So gross, I didn't even snack. I know, right?

So the weekend was a bust, filled with germs and such until late Sunday night I got out for an easy 3K jog to fill my aching lungs with some fresh air. I thought I would die from hypothermia, outside running is going to hit the backburner until Spring.


I'm still counting the workout week successful, germs and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment